Saturday we went beer tasting for my "birthday" (everything was for my birthday) and found a delightful place called Tapit where you can drink beer for free... little mini beers. We were so there.
Tuesday night I spent with my close girlfriends doing a progressive dinner. What began with wine and cheese, moved into a delicious dinner and wine, and concluded with chocolate cake, chocolate, and more wine. I submit that there is not a better way to spend a birthday. After the progression of caloric intake, we proceeded to watch Bridesmaids. Hilarious was the consensus. Hm, I think I forgot my camera that night. I did take one photo, and that was with my hand loaded with bling. Let's just say we had a room full of very blessed girls and all of those blessings mysteriously landed on my fingers...
Courtesy of Amanda, Emily, Annie and Alexa.
Speaking of bling, I think it is a good time to mention that this very excited lady...
Who is now staked with a permanent plane by the lucky Brian Calbeck.
So happy for these lovely friends and as a roomie-alumni, I am ready to share my Annie.
Back to my birthday week... bear in mind that we still haven't arrived at the actual birthday. Wednesday night Chris took me out for my birthday. The evening began at Ventana Grill overlooking the ocean at a beautiful restaurant with not-so-beautiful service. After 2 hours we left still hungry and slightly annoyed:
The evening did improve as we satisfied our hunger with our new favorite late night stop: Enzo's.
Grilled cheese and pizza is an awesome way to end any evening
It was a perfect birthday celebration with my favoritest person ever.
The actual day of my birthday, we had a goodbye party for two girls who were moving away from san luis and I somehow got talked into line dancing. It was entirely too much fun but I conveniently forgot my camera on this occasion as well.
Our last bit of news comes with fur, snuggles, and a clumsy personality. Meet the newest member of the Ainsworth family!
![]() |
| Smokey! |
Smokey is the most chill, subdued cat we ever met. I knew that when he was plopped on my lap, paws around my tummy, legs tucked under him, unmoving and looking around innocently that I had to have him. Ahem, we had to have him. It didn't take us long to bond with Smokey (we will most likely be changing his name so get ready) and after about 45 minutes we had signed the papers to make Smokey ours. Our move in date to the new apartment was July 9th, but the cat lady found him a foster home (yes, cat foster homes exist) until our move in date so Smokey doesn't have to go back to the shelter! Yay! I am, I mean, We are so excited to be parents we are bursting with joy! Okay, maybe I am only talking about myself, but I think Chris is on board with having this snuggly feline as a permanent fixture in our new apartment.
That's all for now! Sorry for the randomness of this entry, it is late. Love you all...









No comments:
Post a Comment